- The website sells books which are grouped by categories. A user can browse the book catalogue, view book details and add the books into the Shopping Cart following a checkout page and a faked purchase process.
- The Home page displays the newest book list.
- The Browse page lists the recommended books which are presented based on the highest user ratings.
- The shopping cart provides facility to change quantity and calculate the total charge.
- The registration page collects personal information and credit card details.
- The website supports sessions and cookies functionality. The cookies are saved for the users if they left the website without logout, and when they come back a Welcome message with the user’s name would be displayed and the automatic login would be applied.
- The shopping cart content is saved into a session and will be presented to the logged in users, if the checkout process was postponed, when they come back.
Sunday, 17 April 2011
PHP Mini E-commerce application
The requirement was to develop a dynamic, PHP/MySQL powered version of Mini E-commerce website which provided the following functionality: